May 10, 2013

Tramaine Isabell Recruiting Update and Interview: Part 2

Who is Tramaine?


 This is part 2 of our look at 2014 Seattle Guard, Tramaine Isabell.  Despite his busy Schedule, we recently had the chance to catch up with him. He was kind enough to let us in on his recruitment, personal life and what the next year holds for him.

Josh: Which schools are going after you the hardest? Do you have a top 5? Top 10?
Tramaine: My Top ten schools are Seattle, Colorado, Gonzaga, Washington State, Nevada, Providence, Boise State, Cal State Bakersfield, Oregon State, and Rice.

Josh: Who has been in contact with you from Gonzaga?
Tramaine: I've talked to the assistants mostly. The assistant that just left to become the head coach at drake (Ray Giacoletti) came to a practice of mine at the end of my High School season.

Josh: What are you looking for at whichever program you choose to go to?
Tramaine: I want a program that's serious about winning and isn’t okay with being average. The coaches have to be good coaches and not just when it comes to hoops. And also the education I'd be receiving from the school.

Josh: What tournaments are you participating in this summer?
Tramaine: I play for Seattle Rotary Select and we're in the NIKE EYBL, so we are traveling almost every weekend! 

Josh: How has your AAU season gone so far?
Tramaine: My AAU season has gone pretty well so far. I've been focusing on making sure I get my guys rolling first & takeover when I need to. Roles change from High School to AAU ball and I think I've done a pretty good job at adjusting. 

Josh: How Do you anticipate your senior season going? 
Tramaine: I expect my senior season to heat up a lot more recruiting wise and for there to be a tad bit more success. I missed the free throw to win the 3A state championship game this year, I've learned and grown from that so hopefully we can repeat in the sense of getting to that stage.  Just with a different outcome.

Josh: How do you feel about the Seattle SuperSonics potentially returning in the next couple seasons?

Tramaine:  I'm super excited about the Sonics! I've gotten to know (Steve) Ballmer pretty well so I'm hoping once we get them (back), I'll be able to watch from a lot closer than I’m used too! (Laughs) 

Josh: Who were your favorite players growing up?
Tramaine: My favorite players are JCrossover (Jamal Crawford), B-Roy (Brandon Roy), Will Conroy, Kyrie Irving, Peyton Siva, Tone Wroten (Tony Wroten Jr.), Nate (Robinson)  And Kobe (Bryant).

Josh: Who have you modeled your game after?
Tramaine: I model my game after kyrie (Irving). Some people think we play alike because we can both score in bunches but have court vision as well. 

Josh: Who do you consider to be your mentor?
Tramaine: My mentors are Jamal (Crawford), B-Roy (Brandon Roy), and Will Conroy. They all give me a lot of advice that's useful, because they've already done everything I'm just starting. And I know they have my best interests in mind, so it's easy to take in everything they say because I know it's all valuable! 

Josh: Do you get on the sticks and play some NBA 2K13?
Tramaine:  Do I get on the sticks? Better ask about me! Gary Bell been running from me! I'm the best in the state on 2k! Yeah, I said it! (Laughs)

Josh: What is your favorite cereal?
Tramaine: My Favorite cereal might be Trix, Cap'n Crunch or frosted flakes! 

Tramaine: O's upppp! officials206.org #Os #Ht
Josh: Thanks for taking the time to interview with us Tramaine, best of luck this summer. Can’t wait to follow your senior season!

Stay Tuned, we will have more interviews and content soon!!! As Always, GO ZAGS! 

4 comments:

quidveritas said...

Great attitude. This is the kind of player we want at GU!

Unknown said...

IMO he is one of the top two or so pg's in the West, and closing on Zach LaVine. Not saying he'll catch him, but gaining.

10 offers already ...and he is just starting to blow up!

Jadon Cohee is another pg we've recently had the pleasure of speaking with. We'll be profiling him
on here soon, and he is a dandy.

Nice work Josh!!~

Unknown said...

Tramaine-
Thanks for your time in the interview w/ ZAGAHOLIC. Captain Crunch??? LOL, mine too. Tear it up, Gaz.

Tramaine Andre' Isabell
"No problem man!!!! Just landed in Dallas.. And yea cap'n crunch w/ berries are AMAZING lol! But the interview was fun.. Anytime! Thanks!!! Zaguppppp"

....Sent from Mobile

**Had to show that Tramaine said "Zaguppppp".....maybe a good sign? We'll see!

Gonzagapride said...

Thanks for the great interview. I enjoy some fun facts mixed in with the basketball questions. I wish he were a little bigger but if we can balance his skills out with a bigger guard that can defend with some length we should be okay. Looking forward to more recruit interviews and updates.