May 3, 2012

The Arrival of Gaz

OK, I finally got brave enough to attempt a post on here. Please be patient with me....it's my first time. Lots of new gadgets to tinker with but I'll be just fine after a couple of practice swings, lol.

For 2 1/2 years I had a blast posting down the street at http://www.slipperstillfits.com/. It was fun making buddies with so many posters. I enjoyed the give and take, and just keeping up with all things Zag. But, Josh asked for my help over here, he was getting burnt out running this place all by himself, and he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. So, I am now moved in and looking forward to getting the ball rolling over here at our new home.

To start things off,  I want to thank Josh for bringing me on board. I look forward to helping this site to grow and be successful. It will be a place for fans of all levels. We want readers to feel comfortable posting their thoughts and we welcome all opinions. The only thing we ask is that you keep it respectful. Please come back again and again. We will be a good source for keeping you up to date on Zag recruiting, current news, transfers, misc. tidbits, and we will be throwing up fun giveaway contests from time to time.

Speaking of giveaways....Let's get right to it:

I have 5 really nice Gonzaga Men's 2011-2012 posters that I am going to give to the first 5 fans that can guess my favorite nickname for our prized recruit Przemek Karnowski. Since he is going to be a Zag we really need a nickname, right? The choices are right below:

1. The Poleslaw
2. The Prez
3. Karno the magnificent
4. Karnivore

In the comments section simply pick what you think is my fav nickname. I have emailed Josh the answer and he will verify the 5 winners. The contest will end in one weeks time from today's date. We will announce the winners  and you will need to provide a shipping address. I will send it to you in a poster tube, and pay for shipping. If you are local in the Spokane area, you could pick it up if you choose. At contest end, and after verification that you are a winner, email me your mailing address at: sirfurry@hotmail.com

These are great posters. I have one for each year, going back to the days of Ronny Turiaf on the walls of my back office. Throw it up in your office, give it to a special zag fan, or maybe put it up in your man cave?

Good luck!    and GO ZAGS!!~

Here's a pic of your new poster!!~ Nope, you don't get my Ty Cobb pic, lol.


26 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Prez. I think thats what you call him. I like Karnage.

ZagaZags

kg said...

My guess is you're a fan of "The Prez" as well, but if I had my druthers there would be a sausage reference somewhere in there. Or maybe not? I like Karnage too, actually.

Anonymous said...

Im goin with Karnivore, just because that one happens to be MY favorite!

Gozagswoohoo

Gonzagapride said...

I think I saw you reference him as "Karno for Prez" combining number number two and three. I like Karnage also but I think my favorite is Karnivore.

Man cave?

Anonymous said...

im gonna go with "The Prez"

bigparb13 said...

The Prez.....personally I like The Big Pole---just so happens that's my nickname too!! .......wait......wait......that's right....I said it!!

Anonymous said...

I think I saw you call him The Prez on TSSF, but I think Karnivor sounds pretty darn cool!
-BKZ

Matt said...

I think you favorite is the Prez.

I can't say his name so I am hoping to just call him "Rob Who?" "Sacre-ilege" I know!

Anonymous said...

Im going with poleslaw just because.

Scotthen

Unknown said...

Sorry, but we need to know who you are. Anonymous posters are, well, anonymous.

Example: We have a winner, and the winner is Anonymous. See how that will not work?

Feel free to sign up and/or try again tho. :o)

Unknown said...

Does anybody have a GONG handy? lol

Unknown said...

I love that nickname Zaga. It is my new Fav! But for contest purposes, my old fav is still intact.

Anonymous said...

These poster are free on Gonzaga campus, give them out at the beginning of the year. Why would you want last seasons free poster with schedule. Generous though

Unknown said...

Lucky for you that you are local. There are lots of fans that are not as fortunate. There are Zag fans scattered all over the country. I personnaly like to collect, and keep, ALL of the posters. Makes no difference to me that it is last season. They are cool and you cannot get any free ones now...unless you win one here. Was not aware they were free on campus. Thought you had to go to an actual game. That is where I got mine, and a few extra.

Unknown said...

Woops.....My bad, I forgot there were ladies present. :o)

Can you be more specific in your answer? You gave me your fav, what you think I referenced him as, and what you like, and threw in a combo. I am still scratching my head, lol.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Just got back, walked in the door and checked at brand "X", you weren't there! We're heading back on the road on Thursday for a week. Looking forward to putting in my 1 or 2 or 3 cents worth. Great job on the recruits list and much success to you all.

Mike Sequim

Anonymous said...

By the way Gaz,

You know I'm a SIMPLE man......make it easy for me to post without clicking Anonymous. Uffff! I'll get Grump to come to the computer tomorrow and check the site out for me!!!!!!!!!

chefzag said...

im signed in now lol... again "The Prez"

Gonzagapride said...

Kind of gives you insight into my comments. All over the place without really saying anything. And it is only the off season. You may want to ban me now before the season starts!

Your favorite is the Prez. Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of zag nation even tho I am far removed from college age and geographically. Enjoying all you are doing.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gonzagapride said...

Can't wait to read the interview. Always enjoyed your posts and comments in the other site. Glad to see you have the opportunity to contribute more here. You will present well balanced material with the good, bad and questionable mixed with humor I am sure. Looking forward to it all.

Unknown said...

LOL, I was thinking your answer might be a giveaway that in real life you were a politician! And, that would get you banned! jk

Everyone, regardless of age, location, is welcome here...well, until you get banned, haha.

Thanks for the kind words. We will keep trying to throw up Zag info as it becomes avalable.

*I managed to score an interview with Guy Landry. It will go up on Tuesday (hopefully).

I saw some grammatical errors in my previous reply, tried to correct them and my reply was deleted. Grrrrr, learning this new site will take effort.

Anonymous said...

Karna Kameleon

Anonymous said...

Hello from teachken8@gmail.com. I thought you'd enjoy the 80's reference.

Anonymous said...

Or how about the amazing Karnac?...or let the Karnage begin?

Unknown said...

"let the Karnage begin".....good stuff.

It begins in about 6 months, can't wait!!~