December 8, 2008

Scouting Report: Washington State



W-L:6-2
RPI:15
SOS:248
Best Wins:
Washington St. 63, (91) Mississippi St. 52

They've lost to #14 Baylor, and #3 Pittsburgh

Current Rankings:
N/A

Team Leaders:
Points: Klay Thompson 11.6
Assists: Taylor Rochestie 5.5
Rebounds: Aron Baynes 6.3

Best Player:
Aron Baynes C 6-10 250 SR.
Definitely the leader of the team, this Aussie is going to pose the biggest threat down low that the zags have had to compete with thus far, only Hasheem Thabeet of UCONN poses a bigger threat in my mind down the road. Keep an eye out for this ability to board as well as his 63% scoring ability.

My Take:
This series has been quite interesting for the last several years, and this year is no exception. While the cougs are by no means a push-over, they are in a slight rebuild and the Zags should win pretty handidly. I expect at least a 10 point win.

Final Score: Gonzaga 72 Washington State 60

2 comments:

Branden_Andersen said...

I'm going to say Zaga wins by 22. I don't underestimate WSU at all; they can be a very dangerous team. But, being the great coach Few is, I know he made they guys work hard to get their shooting percentage up. Plus, the senior leadership is great on the team, so after doing poorly against Indiana, I think they are going to come out blazing against WSU.

Unknown said...

I appreciate your comment, i agree with that scenario. I also received your review on blogged.com. I appreciate that as well, if you would like to discuss some journalistic pieces, go ahead and write me an email at joshlinke@gmail.com and i will be happy to review them. Thanks Again!